Prepare for Heavy Rain - The Correct Way
Living in Florida there is always that chance of heavy rain storms coming our way. SERVPRO of North Clay County / Oakleaf / North Middleburg has worked on multiple projects that were due to the surplus of rain. The most memorable one being 2012 during Tropical Storm Debbie. With almost 30 inches of rain in a short time we had several people call us at all hours of the day and night due to leaks caused by the rain. Sometimes these leaks are unavoidable, but we want to make sure you are prepared for the next storm.
There are various forms of getting prepared for rainy weather but for the most part normal maintenance will keep your home or business safe from heavy rain.
Here are some tips to avoid rain damage.
- Plant shade trees or palm trees at least 20 feet away from your home.
- If you have gutters, make sure they are clean.
- Ensure there are no leaks on your roof.
- Check for damage on your home or business and repairs are needed.
- Weatherstrip windows and doors.
- Have your trees trimmed.