Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
At SERVPRO OF North Clay County/Oakleaf/North Middleburg we educate our customers on mold damage tips to help prevent a major mold problem in your home or place of business. The key to mold control at SERVPRO of North Clay County/Oakleaf/North Middleburg we stress is moisture control. It is important to dry water-damaged areas and items within 24-48 hours to prevent mold growth. Molds are usually not a problem indoors, unless mold spores land on a wet or damp spot and begin growing. Mold spores will be found floating in the air and in house dust. The mold spores will not grow if moisture is not present. Indoor mold growth can and should be prevented or controlled by controlling the moisture indoors. Again, the best way to prevent mold is by cleaning up any sitting water within 24-48 hours. As well as keeping you home or business free from dust. Another helpful tip is to keep the indoor humidity low. If possible, keep the humidity level below 60% (ideally between 30-50%) relative humidity. A good way to ensure this is to have your thermostat fan set to auto. SERVPRO of North Clay County/Oakleaf/North Middleburg is a trusted vendor in the community winning Small Business of the year for Middleburg in 2022. And Clay County's Best of the Best for Restoration in 2023.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (904) 861-8870
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of North Clay County / Oakleaf / North Middleburg for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of North Clay County / Oakleaf / North Middleburg has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Eagle Landing
- Asbury Lake